On 7/7/06, Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There are really two things we are talking about here. One is a single
Perl module named CGI::Application. The other is a Larger Thing Which
Not Yet Been Named. Roughly, this is "what you can do with
CGI::Application and the forty-something plugins for it".

Ahh, now I understand it. Then Web::Application is ok but then
CGI isn't sucha big issue in the name either.

BTW I do teach the CGI::Application "framework" meaning the
module itself and some of the plugins. It would be probably
better to be able to teach LTWNYBN.

In a strange way actually having CGI sometimes helps in marketing.
In many cases the managers don't want their workes to learn something
big (as they preceive) as they say "these are only sysadmins and they only
need it for small scripts". So in a way telling them that it is "just CGI"
(and the fact that you can use CGI::Application as a cgi script)
makes them feel good.

Of course this does not go away even if the module is renamed to
Web::Application or anything else.

Gabor
ps. I should go back to drink my morning tea.