“A few of us at I.P. Sharp Associates ported SHARP APL to the PC when that came
out.”

Yes.  I bought an IBM PC with APL installed from Isaac Ehrlick in 1983.  And
ran it until the cards bent out of shape from repeated heating/cooling cycles
fifteen years later!  I remember him saying when I bought it that: “If it
doesn’t malfunction in the next two weeks, it never will”.

I am currently running a Lenovo!  But no longer actively using APL.  If I need
it in the future I will use J, I think.

Rodney.