Sam Joseph (Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 12:33:33PM +0900):
> What is it with this?  Are you telling me that I couldn't set up a P2P
> network that stored cryptographically hashed content and did routing
> like freenet, but where the nodes blocked input of non natural-language
> text files?

and how can a node find out that the node it gets the file from has checked if
it's text-only????

how can you prevent anyone from createing a not-censoring node??

> You might not like it, but I don't think there are any technical reasons
> why it couldn't be done.
>
> And anyway, I'm not suggesting you do it, or even intending to do it
> myself, I'm still just trying to ask
>
> "DOES protecting freedom of speech REQUIRE the ability to _anonymously_
> distribute IMAGES and not just natural language TEXT."

IMO not, but i can't see a way to stop distibution of non-text-data.

and what do you want to do with languages like chinese???  can you realy
check if a file is text-only when allowing more languages than english???

what about steganography????  hIdEing daTa iN WEIrD uPerCasE/loWERcase
combination. (4 octets starting with the h in "hideing", here.  useing
ASCII-codetable.  ignore all non-alpabetic characters)

>  I'm beginning to think that I'm asking in the wrong place.

hey, chat is always the right place *g*

--
moritz

kernel panic:  hands went berserk and are typeing a lot of useless stuff.
it's recommendet to send the system to few hours of sleep.