On Tue, 29 May 2001, Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso wrote:

> > A network consists of nodes and a central inform server. When a node
> > starts it registers with the inform server.
>
> I think a central server seems breaks the idea of a peer-to-peer network.

Yeah, it's not very cool. But running an inform server that simply returns
a list of IPs is not the same as processing searches for music.

And node announcement is not easy.

--
"...it must be held that third-party electronic monitoring, subject
only to the self-restraint of law enforcement officials, has no place