Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:
  Currently, the FastCGI handler in HEAD is slightly broken (it is
  cleaner than the last patch though).  As soon as we get it finished
  I will release 0.5.0; by the moment, it runs as CGI, which is fair
  enough in this case :-)

Can you share the specs of your server? I got Trac running with cherokee on a p3 1GHz with 1 gig ram and a dual p2 400MHz with 512 megs ram. Both worked, but were incredibly slow. This wasn't due to cherokee, but rather to the time it took to load python and all the trac modules, etc. Apache with Trac running as CGI was about the same speed of slow. Is your server a lot beefier? or did you make any modifications to help increase the speed of Trac?

-John