Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 12:48 AM
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Electrical suggestions?

I am hoping that someone will have a little more insight into this issue since I am totally clueless…

I got my car back from the shop not to long ago and was testing everything out.  I found a few days ago that none of my instrument lights are coming on when I have my running lights or head lights on.  Neither the instrument gauges nor the floor shifter light up like normal.  I was hit pretty hard in the left rear so I thought maybe some connections were loose but I haven’t been able to find anything yet.  The fuse is good and the wiring harness connection through the firewall seems ok.  All other interior lights (the headlamp and map lights) work fine…  It’s hard to see in the dash since its such a rats nest but does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?  I know when I have a loose brake light bulb, both of my brake lights go out… Is this the sort of the same thing?  Should I be checking bulbs?

Thanks!!

CR