Such a system does not help when people sync your change. We should
invest the effort we would expend building this system fixing the
dependency issues.

Barring that, we have a hack that we do where for resource files we
make a whitespace change to the corresponding .gyp. We could automate
this by having a presubmit check that enforces this.

- a