On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Such a system does not help when people sync your change. We should
> invest the effort we would expend building this system fixing the
> dependency issues.

gclient could be made to obey it as well.  But I agree, it's a hack.

> Barring that, we have a hack that we do where for resource files we
> make a whitespace change to the corresponding .gyp. We could automate
> this by having a presubmit check that enforces this.

Better than nothing.

We also have the hack for grd files that deletes all the associated .h
files.  Something like that might work here as well.

How hard would it be to make the system actually understand the
dependencies?  Is visual studio really just too dumb to understand?