"Bradley A. Hare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jason van Gumster wrote:
>
> > I regularly use Cinelerra on one of three machines: an
> > eight-year-old box with an Athlon XP 2500+, a laptop with a
> > hyperthreaded 3GHz P4, and another laptop with a dual core
> > Turion64.
> Interesting thanks - I would have bet on heavier hardware.  Can't
> imagine that
> Althon gives you much of a frame rate though ?

Heh heh... you'd be surprised. :)  Of course, it probably helps that I
come from an animation background, so I'm in the habit of "thinking
out" the timing in advance and realtime playback is less of a necessity
for me.  That said, performance is actually pretty good when there's
nothing directly manipulating pixels (blur, transitions, etc.).
Overlaying multiple tracks manipulating transparency don't give me much
of a performance hit.

  -Jason