As we are talking about it,
i do still have these interlacing issues, like flickering motion stuff,
resulting from swapped field order, even when i don't even use cinelerra!

i discovered that because cin on amd64/suse10.3 still does not work,
so i tried to make a dvd directly from some un-edited takings
by just converting them through, tovid, mandvd, qdvdauthor and the like.

all of these programs, using ffmpeg or mpeg2enc, produced the same flicker!
so i strongly suspect that the material grabbed by dvgrab or kino
does already have incorrect field order labeling (if any at all).

maybe a bit offtopic, but remember first i thought i had to blame cinelerra.
now i fear i have to blame either my camcorder, or dvgrab/kino.
had anyone else had similar experience?

cheers, georg

p.s. herman i see that my postings come several times
so i will contact my provider again. sorry for the inconvenience.
(it is, however, most inconvenient for me as well...)

Am Saturday, 22. December 2007 16:36:14 schrieb Raffaella Traniello:
> On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 16:05 +0100, Kurt Georg Hooss wrote:
> > if you have a dv camcorder with analog input,
> > then you can record your material onto a mini dv tape
> > and from there go the usual way through dvgrab.
>
> Georg,
> I see no need to record on tape. It should go directly through dvgrab on
> disk.
>
> Ciao
> Raffaella

dr.k.g.hooss