Odin Omdal Hørthe pravi:
On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Stefan de Konink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
do you experience similar problems?how do you protect your cams from
getting fried?
Actually the other way around; one of my teachers in his research project
fried 5+ firewire cards. I guess it is just bad grounding.

I fried my old Sony DCR TRV900e using Linux. It's too bad. I was going
to use it as a very expensive and good webcam. :-/

thx for the answers

but i'm trying to understand how does this happen? I was told i'm not supposed to hotplug firewire devices (even tough FW is hotplugable). but the last camera died while capturing with kino - so its not hot plugging. Some people tell me that i have bad hardware (FW card, mobo or PSU), then others tell me that the power line might be bad (and some other say that power line should have no effect on the cam if it runs from a battery and the only contact with power line is the computer).
where might be my source of problems?