On Freitag, 4. Juni 2010, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> Ok, I saved files using save as and save. I have a file there by the
> name I gave it when saving in save as. I imported it to Cinelerra using
> Load files and the files all opened in the resources widow. This was
> after trying to use load back up after starting Cinelerra this morning.
> There are no files on the time line and no video. I am guessing that the
> backup contains all the decisions that were made to put the video
> together and if that's so without those decisions Cinelerra cannot
> rebuild the video even though it has the video and audio files..  I
> think the problem I may have is that the back up was covered with a back
> up of nothing no video? If that is the case how can I get into the back
> up file I made yesterdayand how can I use it to build the video.  I
> assume that when the video is rendered the back up file and the saved
> video file are put together to make a movie.
>   My whole thinking on this may be totally wrong.

Hermann has summarized quite well what could have gone wrong and under which
circumstances there's a chance to salvage some of your work.

Let me stress one thing one more time: "Save backup" and "Load backup" ARE NOT
MEANT TO SAVE YOUR PROJECT. Use "Save" and "Save as" regularly. "Load backup"
is really only meant to be used after Cinelerra crashed (and I see no use
for "Save backup").

-- Hannes