I'm sorry I took so long to reply; life has been quite hectic here...

> I still have no solutions... but I made new tests with shooting in 50i (PAL)
> DV and HDV (my camera can optionally operate 50i PAL in addition to its
> normal mode 60i NTSC) and in this case I observed no mismatches in
> Cinelerra, I can cut and insert the clips on the timeline as much as I want
> without ever observe desynchronization ...

Having looked at the project files and considered the additional
description you provided, I don't think the problem is Cinelerra
itself, but the input file handling.  The MTS timing used in DV and
HDV is complex, and I know libquicktime doesn't handle it properly.

One workaround is to convert to an intermediary and import that instead.

I also have a set of patches I use for my own DV and HDV work,
however, they rely on FFMPEG which is itself only so reliable.  Still,
this alternate codebase is quite usable for many cameras. I shoot
substantially in HDV and use these patches myself, however, this
requires building from source.

http://git.xiph.org/?p=users/xiphmont/cinelerraCV.git;a=summary

The non-integer framerate shouldnot itself be the source of the
trouble; I'm also in North America nad shoot at 30000/1001 and
24000/1001 myself.

Monty