Tim, Got that, now for a large network would you create a backbone area (OSPF) for regionalization of routes and make routers within the region into other areas? Its the underlying IGP design that makes all the connector nets to POPs available my main concern.
thanx for your help, -Mike j On 7/2/08, Tim Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > On Wed, July 2, 2008 1:57 pm, Mike Johnson wrote: > > > Does anyone have any good docs on RR design in service provider networks? > > > > > > I have read docs detailing a central route reflector and a RR for each > > POP. The piece I am missing is how the next-hop attribute reflected for > > each POP prefix (say POP1) into the AS is routed to by other POPs or > > other routers not peering with the POP1(say POP10)? > > > > I assume an IGP is used somehow, however, its the internal IGP design I > > am not grasping. > > Have all the edge boxes - RR clients in PoPs - set update-source to a > loopback, and set next-hop self. > > Peer between loopbacks everywhere. > > Put all the loopbacks in your IGP. > > Job done :) > > Regards, > Tim. > > > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
