Mike Johnson wrote:
How am I able to utilize thousands of devices in a flat IGP domain? I
thought only a couple hundred is recommended before deploying
multiple areas.
Do you really have thousands of routers within your network "core"? I
have twelve distribution/edge routers and two core routers, maximum, per
POP. With five POPs, 40-60 routers, ~140 links, etc., I'm nowhere near
the 5,000 target ceiling.
Are you guys recommneding OSPF or ISIS?
I went from OSPF to ISIS a few years ago for several reasons. The
relevant reasons are:
1) Perceived network security: since we don't accept CLNS packets from
customers or providers, it's much tougher to packet-bomb our IGP.
2) Perceived operational security: since we do MPLS VPNs and anticipate
savvy customers wanting to use OSPF over those, having our technicians
"separated" from our production IGP as soon as they get to 'router o'
was a good thing.
I'm now contemplating going back to OSPF. The relevant reasons are:
1) We have some use for Catalyst 3550s in our network, and AFAIK they
don't speak ISIS.
2) We're having extreme pain trying to bring up ISIS for IPv6.
pt
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/