Steinar Haug [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes in response to
> Pete Templin [EMAIL PROTECTED], whom  wrote:
>> I'm now contemplating going back to OSPF.  The relevant reasons are:
>> 
>> 1) We have some use for Catalyst 3550s in our network, and 
>>    AFAIK they don't speak ISIS.
>> 2) We're having extreme pain trying to bring up ISIS for IPv6.
> 
> I was wondering whether you could elaborate a bit more on the 
> second point? (Background: We have a Juniper based backbone, 
> with IS-IS and IPv6, and it "just works". Due to an upcoming 
> merger we are likely to have a mixed Juniper/Cisco backbone 
> in the not too distant future, and any info on problems with 
> IS-IS for IPv6 would be interesting.)

Really?

This is the basic configlet I applied to our routers -n- 
switches, ignoring any issues with the cef commands, of course.
I haven't seen any issues at all with our roll-out.

!
ipv6 unicast-routing
ipv6 cef
ipv6 cef distributed
!
router isis
 is-type level-2-only
 metric-style wide
 no adjacency-check
 !
 address-family ipv6
   multi-topology
   no adjacency-check
!

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to