How am I able to utilize thousands of devices in a flat IGP domain? I
thought
only a couple hundred is recommended before deploying multiple areas.

Are you guys recommneding OSPF or ISIS?

-mike j



On 7/2/08, Tim Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, July 2, 2008 2:48 pm, Mike Johnson wrote:
>
> > Got that, now for a large network would you create a backbone area (OSPF)
> > for regionalization of routes
> > and make routers within the region into other areas? Its the underlying
> > IGP
> > design that makes all the connector nets to POPs available my main
> > concern.
>
> I wouldn't bother, unless you have many thousands of devices - but I must
> admit I haven't crunched the numbers hard or built anything large enough
> to see where the necessary pain happens.
>
> Remember, at this point you've only got a fairly small number of routes in
> your IGP, and they ought to be the most stable routes in your network, so
> you're going to be running SPF both quickly and infrequently.
>
> Regards,
> Tim.
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to