I'm unsure why this won't work: 2620XM(config)#line vty 0 4 2620XM(config-line)#exec prompt ? timestamp Print timestamps for show commands
2620XM(config-line)#exec prompt timestamp ? <cr> Customers can configure this on a case-by-case basis as needed. This took me 2 minutes to find, if the TAC engineers are not that familiar with IOS I do hope their reviews match. Nothing bothers me more than when I talk to a TAC engineer who failed to read the information I submitted, or when they fail to identify that they work for TAC when they call. I don't know if they're a sales, TAC or Relops or other team when they call. If you want other comments about TAC, I'm sure the list would be happy to supply some :) - Jared On Feb 15, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Alex Moya wrote: > I would not like to see this every time. Just when needed. > Alex Moya > > > On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Dmitry Valdov <[email protected]> wrote: > >> >> >> Changing defaults is a bad idea by default. People should think twice >> before doing this. >> >> It's very unconvinient to see extra (totally unuseful) information when >> you're trying to find a problem. When I'm issuing a "show ip route" >> command I >> don't want to see what time source and processor load are. >> >> But as far as I could turn this off I'm fine. Just because I can run a >> script >> which will turn this "feature" off on all my devices. >> >> >> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Preston Chilcote (pchilcot) wrote: >> >> Some folks in TAC are pushing to get "terminal exec prompt timestamp" >>> turned on by default. This would add 2 lines to every command being >>> run. For example: >>> >>> Router#show arp >>> Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3% >>> Time source is NTP, 09:43:00.607 PST Wed Feb 15 2012 >>> >>> We'd love to hear what you guys think. Whether it would be annoying, >>> impact operations (maybe scripts you have running), or does anyone use >>> this routinely already? >>> >>> Negative and positive feedback is encouraged. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Preston Chilcote >>> Cisco TAC >>> >>> >>> >>> ______________________________**_________________ >>> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/**mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp<https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp> >>> archive at >>> http://puck.nether.net/**pipermail/cisco-nsp/<http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/> >>> >>> >> -- >> Dmitry Valdov >> CCIE #15379 (R&S and SP) >> ______________________________**_________________ >> cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/**mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp<https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp> >> archive at >> http://puck.nether.net/**pipermail/cisco-nsp/<http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/> >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
