Hi, On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:46:19AM -0800, Preston Chilcote (pchilcot) wrote: > Some folks in TAC are pushing to get "terminal exec prompt timestamp" > turned on by default. This would add 2 lines to every command being > run. For example: > > Router#show arp > Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3% > Time source is NTP, 09:43:00.607 PST Wed Feb 15 2012 > > We'd love to hear what you guys think. Whether it would be annoying, > impact operations (maybe scripts you have running), or does anyone use > this routinely already?
I've just discovered that this command exists at all, but I see no need
to have it on-by-default.
It eats screen real estate, and I don't particularily like if something
like that is forced on me.
And, of course, all my scripts that do telnet'ish operations on the
routers would have to be adapted, and I'm not particularily fond of
such surprises either. So, if you ask me, no thanks.
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
pgp7Ezse5AMU9.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
