I agree, changing the default isn't the best idea. However, the inclusion of cpu load as available output during logging might be pretty slick. Something like this:
Nov 10 13:14:44.473 EST: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 366.215.152.165 Down Interface flap could become: Nov 10 13:14:44.473 EST: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 536.215.152.165 Down Interface flap; Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3% with an available logging option set. Seeing what the CPU was doing for 5 seconds or a minute prior to an event would be useful, as this kind of resolution isn't available in the 'sh proc cpu hist' command more than a minute after the event happened. Or is this available, and I just haven't stumbled upon it? Thanks, Chuck -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dmitry Valdov Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:15 PM To: Preston Chilcote (pchilcot) Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Feedback on "terminal exec prompt timestamp" Changing defaults is a bad idea by default. People should think twice before doing this. It's very unconvinient to see extra (totally unuseful) information when you're trying to find a problem. When I'm issuing a "show ip route" command I don't want to see what time source and processor load are. But as far as I could turn this off I'm fine. Just because I can run a script which will turn this "feature" off on all my devices. On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Preston Chilcote (pchilcot) wrote: > Some folks in TAC are pushing to get "terminal exec prompt timestamp" > turned on by default. This would add 2 lines to every command being > run. For example: > > Router#show arp > Load for five secs: 4%/0%; one minute: 3%; five minutes: 3% Time > source is NTP, 09:43:00.607 PST Wed Feb 15 2012 > > We'd love to hear what you guys think. Whether it would be annoying, > impact operations (maybe scripts you have running), or does anyone use > this routinely already? > > Negative and positive feedback is encouraged. > > Thanks, > Preston Chilcote > Cisco TAC > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > -- Dmitry Valdov CCIE #15379 (R&S and SP) _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
