Hi Pete, We're running 12.2(33)SRA6.
On SIP-200 it's running fine (as expected). Configuring NBAR-using-policy-map on an *SVI*, causes high CPU – Interrupts. I do believe it's being punted to a CPU. But this time I need a document that clearly states that – i.e. on SIP-200 by hardware, on SVI by software – and this is not a bug/some other malfunctioning. I'm asking for a document from which we can understand that, yes, using NBAR on an SVI will make those packets punted. Technically I agree with you completely, most likely that’s what happening. Alex. On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Pete Lumbis <[email protected]> wrote: > I'm a little confused. Are you saying "it's obviously supported because I > can configure it, however I see high CPU when I do"? > > The CLI was removed in 15.0.1S, when support for the SIP-200 ended. > Generally on the 6k "not supported" means "can't be done in hardware", so I > would say that punting the traffic and causing high CPU is expected > behavior, unless you have a SIP-200. > > > On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Alex K. <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Thank you Pete, >> >> Unfortunately, this link is inconclusive either. >> >> Earlier in this document it says that NBAR is indeed supported on SIP-200 >> (here: >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76ovwsip.html), >> afterwards it claims it isn’t (here: >> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76cfgsip.html#wp1543942 >> , >> the same document, simply the next chapter) after these two, comes the >> chapter you linked to, but unfortunately it claims that no NBAR should be >> available on MSFC/PFC 3 (by the way of exclusion) but in my case it is >> supported (i.e. on SVI). >> >> It just sends the CPU thru the roof. >> >> Thank you for your efforts, but that not seems to be document I'm looking >> for, either. Will be glad to hear your future thoughts on this one. >> Best Regards, >> Alex. >> >> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Pete Lumbis <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> NBAR is only supported on SIP-200 (not SIP-400/ES/ES+) and MSFC2 (Sup32). >>> >>> NBAR without a SIP-200 on sup720 will be done entirely in software. >>> >>> >>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/shared_port_adapters/configuration/7600series/76cfgsip.html#wp1526795 >>> >>> >>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Alex K. <[email protected]> wrote: >>> >>>> Hi All ... >>>> >>>> >> > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
