On Tue, 16 May 2000, Pete Ruttman (adminpr) wrote:

> >I am trying to make a couple of ADTRAN TSU 100 to work with a T1
> >crossover
> >cable (pins: 1 to 4 & 2 to 5) but it's not working. Did anybody try this? I
> >will appreciate any help....

Do it all the time.  Gotta love those alarm pairs.

> 1) did you configure clockrate on the DCE-side of the back-to-back
connection?

The routers connected to the TSUs will both be DTE.  He'll want to set
clock on one TSU to "Internal" and the other to "Line" (or maybe they call
it "Network").

> 2) Did you check your adtran manual for info on putting them back-to-back?
My adc/kentrox csu/dsus require a dip switch change to work back-to-back.

Really?  I've never needed to do that, just set one end to provide clock.
Maybe the Kentrox ones use a dipswitch, but the TSU series, IIRC, have
a little LCD display and arrow buttons to navigate it.

Also check that the number of channels (start and end) is the same
on both, typically start at 1, number of channels 24.  and that they're
both set for the same linecode, framing, and speed.  Recommend that you
use B8ZS, ESF, 64K.  Shouldn't be critical as long as they're both set
the same.

Note that the Ciscos won't probably be happy with frame encaps on this
setup unless you've configured one of them as a frame switch.  Try HDLC
or PPP.

It would be helpful if you could provide more info than "not working"
in your message.  Things like status light indications on the TSUs,
interface status on the routers, etc. would be useful.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/