>On Tue, 16 May 2000, Pete Ruttman (adminpr) wrote:
>
>> >I am trying to make a couple of ADTRAN TSU 100 to work with a T1
>> >crossover
>> >cable (pins: 1 to 4 & 2 to 5) but it's not working. Did anybody try this? I
>> >will appreciate any help....
>
>Do it all the time.  Gotta love those alarm pairs.
>
>> 1) did you configure clockrate on the DCE-side of the back-to-back
>connection?
>
>The routers connected to the TSUs will both be DTE.  He'll want to set
>clock on one TSU to "Internal" and the other to "Line" (or maybe they call
>it "Network").

Darn.  You are right.  This step is only for back-to-back cabling.   Not when using a
pair of csu/dsus.

>> 2) Did you check your adtran manual for info on putting them back-to-
>back?
>My adc/kentrox csu/dsus require a dip switch change to work back-to-
>back.
>
>Really?  I've never needed to do that, just set one end to provide clock.
>Maybe the Kentrox ones use a dipswitch, but the TSU series, IIRC, have
>a little LCD display and arrow buttons to navigate it.

Here is what Kentrox tech support said that got my 2 D-SERVs working together
back-to-back:

build a cable like this:

pair 1: 1 to 4
           2 to 5
pair 2:  4 to 1
           5 to 2

Set one unit to internal timing and the other to loop timing.  Match all other
settings.