To the women in this group from a newbie,
   The Wharton Business School study "Solo Women on All Male Technical
Teams" shows that a woman is more likely to be accepted on a technical team
(including IT) if she's young, wears sexy clothes and defers to the men
(e.g. - plays dumb & looks good).  Furthermore she can drop the act 6 months
into the job and the guys won't notice - they still accept her as part of
the team. If she doesn't do this the guys tend to overreact to the lack of
deferrence & label her with the B-word!
    Don't blame me for this information - I didn't do the study!
- susan