I have only used 3 routers connecting to each other w/serial a DB-60 pin on
each end.  It worked. the only thing to be done on the serial interfaces
would be to set the clockrate on the serial int that has the DCE part of the
cable attached to it. still, your lans would be connected on each of the
ethernet ports of each router, respectively.  With this scenario you would
also need to create a 4th subnet...for your serail connections....default
gateways will be ip addresses you will give to each of the ethernet ports on
each router.  still, you need to build a routing table on each router for
all 3 subnets plus your 4th new subnet.,.....

Hope it helps...I didn't mean to question your design....sorry.

Raul Renteria.ccna.network analyst.NYC.