From: John Hardman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2000 4:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: High availability design with FR, how?

Hi All...

I have a mandate from on high that all of our routers now have HSRP support.
Not a problem on the LAN side, and I have worked out the point to point line
issues by using channelized lines and creating two serial lines. But the
frame relay (FR) is killing me!

So far the only solution seems to be with the telco providing a second FR
host line that in the event of failure we call a computer at their end and
dial a few numbers and the PVCs are moved to the secondary FR host line.
Needless to say doesn't sound too hot to me, as it requires that everything
work just right to get a reasonable failover, and this may not be in a
timely manner.

Anyone have any thoughts?
--
John Hardman, MCSE+I, CCNA