If you're worried about your 4500 dying, then either buy another to have
there waiting, or get a 24/7 service contract that would get a replacement
to you quickly if needed.  If you're worried about the circuits to your
building going down all at once, then you simply need to get separate
redundant links to your provider.

If you're worried about the provider, then things get a little stickier.  To
again quote Howard the Great, "What is the problem you are trying to solve?"
It's such a great quote, why not use it?  And it applies.  Redundancy is
fine, but what exactly is it that you're worried about?  To gain complete
and full redundancy would be an expensive venture at best, and a nightmare
at worst.  How much is it worth to your company?

If your system goes down for a short period, are you losing a lot of money?
Are you in e-commerce?  Can you handle being down for a few hours?  If so,
then get the service contract.  If you absolutely cannot handle being down
for more than a very brief period, then make sure the higher-ups understand
that this type of redundancy *might* get very expensive very quickly.

Then again, it all depends.  :-)

>  Hi
>
>  It is not so much the out lying sites I am worried about, I have a dial
>  backup (ISDN BRI to PRI) now. There are only a couple of sites that fall
>  under the HSRP mandate.
>
>  But I have a single 4500 doing the host part (i.e. the hub in a hub and
>  spoke design) of the FR network. So what I need to do is have the 4500
>  backed by another 4500 running HSRP and have all interface serial and
>  ethernet failover.
>
>  Thanks for the reply!
>  --
>  John Hardman, MCSE+I, CCNA
>
>  ""Odell, Jeff"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>  CD9DBAE1E066D311A8AE00805FA7F57C01768629@NTMAIL03">news:CD9DBAE1E066D311A8AE00805FA7F57C01768629@NTMAIL03...
>  > John,
>  >
>  > Depending on your bandwidth needs you might want to consider ISDN.  My
>  > company uses BRI ISDN  to back up each frame relay connection.  Fairly
>  > inexpensive and with a few lines in your router config, can
automatically
>  > come up when the frame relay goes down.  I would recommend a 800 series
>  > router for relatively low traffic sites (I use them for small offices
of
>  up
>  > to 30 people) to back up a 2600 running the frame connection.
>  >
>  > All in all, it is a relatively cheap and functional solution.
>  >
>  > If you share some more info like your bandwidth requirements, etc. I am
>  sure
>  > others will chime in with other recommendations.
>  >
>  > Jeff Odell
>  > CCNA CCDA
>  >