I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here - and this thread should die
really soon, but for the benefit of those not privy to what offline
discussion has taken place on this topic, let me fill in some blanks.

To judge by the offline and online replies this thread has gotten, far ore
people on this list agree with the premise that an individual who's
'obtained respected industry certifications' certainly ought to be capable
of setting up the equipment in question.

The aforementioned individual though, prefers to huff and puff about how he
went out and bought the books and studied for the tests and didn't take any
classes and doesn't have any cisco experience and [did I mention he didn't
take any classes or that he doesn't have any cisco experience?] that he
passed the tests - thereby 'earning' the 'respected industry certifications'
of Cisco Certified Networking Associate and Cisco Certified Design
Associate. Did I mention that he didn't have any cisco experience?

HELLOOOO!!!

"Yes, good morning hiring manager - I'm the CCNA/CCDA you advertised for."

"um, well, no - not _really_ - no. But I'm a really fast learner! I passed
the certifications for Network Associate and Design Associate first time
around! In six weeks!"

"um...hubs? like on a car you mean? ohhhhh....you mean the level one single
broadcast domain device they talk about in the book....yes! a
hub....um...sure. yeah. I could do that."

Give me a break.

Drew M. Mooney
Invisix -- Motorola and Cisco Together
1334-394 The Alameda // San Jose, CA 95126
408-525-0873 [office]           408-287-3188 [home]
817-937-7880 [mobile]         888-809-9678 [SkyTel Pager]
+44-(0)7715-055-944 UK Mobile