Hey Al,

It looks to me like you were studying from an older 407 exam prep book.
Cisco added quite a few WAN and Switch questions to the 407 test pool late
last year.  Check the publisher's web site for errata and updates.  I got a
large Chapter 11 update from the Sybex site for my 407 Study book that had a
great deal of WAN stuff in it that the original book did not cover. The
errata sheet also had fixes for the review questions that didn't seem quite
right.

Since it's now after July 31, 2000, you'll have to take the 507 CCNA 2.0
test.  You did good to buy the two study books.  I would also invest in a
Boson practice test.

HTH,
Vern Stitt
AE, ASE, CCA, CCNA, MCSE

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
Hello...

Despite many hours of self study and memorization I failed the 407...wasn't
even close..
I scored 617.
71% OSI
14   WAN
42   IOS
60   Net Protocols
33   Routing
20   Security
57   LAN Switch
0    Cisco Career Certs (does this have anything to do with the score?)
0    Cisco Career Cers Agreement (does this have anything to do with the
score?)

Does anyone have any tips for me to pass the test..I am rescheduled in one
and a half weeks...thanks a lot
Al