Fernando Saldana del C wrote:

> Dear n fr,
>
> Which CCIE number are you ?

What does it matter what my CCIE number is?  How does that affect the
validity of my statements? Either what I’m saying is either true or it
isn’t, who I am has nothing to do with anything.  Why can’t people debate
just on the merits of the argument?

> Are you trying to devalue more the networking jobs?

As if I really had that kind of power over the market.   I am just one
person.  If networking jobs are being devalued, it is because the free
market has decided that it be so.  The free market is composed of numerous
economic entities.  It would be the height of arrogance to think that I, as
one person, could by myself manipulate the entire market merely with my
words.  If I really had that kind of power of persuasion, then I have a
stellar career as a politician or a motivational speaker ahead of me, and I
certainly wouldn’t be wasting my time here.

I think what people are really afraid of is that I am not ‘acting alone’ –
that what I’m saying is actually a growing consensus within the market.
Think about it – who really cares if I alone think one way if everybody else
thinks the opposite?   If such were the case, then my concerns could be
easily dismissed.  The real problem is that I am not alone – that I am
saying what the free market (which is comprised of numerous economic
entites) is saying, which is that high-number CCIE’s are on the whole
treated with more skepticism than low-number CCIE’s.

> Please be realistic you cannot compare a Software
> company with a Networking company.

I am being entirely realistic.  The fact is, in the history of IT
certification, every single one ultimately declines in value.  Happened with
the CNE, happened with the MCSE, and is happening now with the CCIE.

> I looks like you are saying that the world will return
> to the stone age and communicate by messengers that
> will run log distance to take the information to the
> main site.

Uh, interesting non-sequitur.  When did I ever say anything like that?

What I said is that on the whole, the CCIE program has gotten easier with
time due to the proliferatio of bootcamps, braindumps, and other such
"supporting infrastructure".  Therefore, anybody who has passed the CCIE
lately has undergone a less rigorous test than those who passed the exam in
the old days.

> Try to respect the networking field and rise its
> level.

And how does anything I've said imply a lack of respect?