I had almost the exact same problem with a T1 line.  In order to convince
the telco, I replaced the WIC cards at both ends and then called them and
told them I didn't care what it took, but they better fix the line.  They
then came out and performed an on-site test again, and lo and behold, there
was a bad pair.  Where did that come from?  Anyway, sometimes you have to do
all the work yourself to get the telco to do theirs.  No offense to telco
guys, but we all know that none of our equipment (both the network and the
telco guys) is ever bad ;-)

""James Gosnold""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Dear all,
>
> I have something of a problem I hoped someone might offer some advice on.
>
> We have a 1721 router at each end of a 128k leased line. The line went
down
> this morning, red alarm light on the CSU, router showed as Serial
Interface
> Up, Line protocol down. Ok fair enough, reported the fault, telco claimed
> repair the fault.
>
> Alarm light on CSU is no longer red but 'show interface serial0' still
shows
> Interface Up, Line protocol down. I've power-cycled the routers with no
joy.
> Engineers from the telco have actually come on site and performed an end
> end test and are telling me it's fine.
>
> Looking at the advice offered here by Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd3d.html#xtocid8
they tell me that the problem could be: The local or remote router, a
problem with the leased line or a problem with the CSU/DSU. Great thanks,
that's helpful!!

> Can anybody offer any suggestions on what might have gone wrong? It seems
> strange to me that a pair of routers that worked perfectly fine for 8
months
> have developed a fault at exactly the same time as the leased line did?
How