I have seen moe than once a faulty WIC-1DSU-T1 cause similiar
problems.  Have you tried doing your own hardwire loop?

   Dave

James Gosnold wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have something of a problem I hoped someone might offer some advice on.
>
> We have a 1721 router at each end of a 128k leased line. The line went down
> this morning, red alarm light on the CSU, router showed as Serial Interface
> Up, Line protocol down. Ok fair enough, reported the fault, telco claimed
> repair the fault.
>
> Alarm light on CSU is no longer red but 'show interface serial0' still
shows
> Interface Up, Line protocol down. I've power-cycled the routers with no
joy.
> Engineers from the telco have actually come on site and performed an end to
> end test and are telling me it's fine.
>
> Looking at the advice offered here by Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007cd3d.html#xtocid8
 they tell me that the problem could be: The local or remote router, a problem with
the leased line or a problem with the CSU/DSU. Great thanks, that's helpful!!

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson