Agreed on all points.....

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever admit to wanting to trade a higher number
ie with a lower number? I don't think I ever saw anyone come right out and
say yes or no.

I'm pretty much in lurk mode on this list, and so my opinions and such can
be taken for what they are worth, and I think that while this list is a
discussion area for certification prep I see a lot of material that looks
suspiciously like "I ran across this at work, help me". Not that that's
necessarily a bad thing, just pointing out that once the "what is the
passing score for xyz", "what books are best" and "what do I need to
study", not to mention the odd "I have all the answers, e-mail me" posts
get set aside, there are considerably more items that qualify as "off"
topic than on.

nrf provides numerous opportunities for interesting discussions that go
beyond the how many bits in a byte conversations. He seems to agitate some
people (some more than others) which in my book usually means he's hit on
something. I realize that by daring to criticize the ccie program in any
way offends some who have staked a good portion of blood, sweat and tears
on obtaining, or working on obtaining, their certification, but that
doesn't make some of his points any less valid.

Anyway, that's my $.02, as always if you're not interested in what I have
to say, ignore me or delete this message, please don't send me a 10 page
response telling me how I'm responsible for keeping the thread alive :)

                      "Peter van
Oene"

cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: RE: number of
CCIE [7:70151]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

.com

                      06/09/2003
09:22

AM
                      Please respond
                      "Peter van
Oene"

At 09:34 PM 6/8/2003 +0000, garrett allen wrote:
>the intent of this list is to discuss preparation cisco exams, not
>opportunities in the various job markets.  if your comments don't
>relate to the study blueprint in some meaninful way, please keep them
>to yourself.

nice thread :-)  for those whining about it, you can skip the messages you
know.

ccie is a good challenge.  got after it if you want.  maybe it will help
you get a job, maybe it won't.  jncie is pretty neat too :)

my ie will expire in a couple months and I could really care less.

but please, feel free to continue debate subjective topics as you see fit.

for what its worth, in my opinion, nrf has well earned the right to debate
whatever he wants on this list.

pete