sorry for the sarcasm, but it's late and I really should be doing more
important things like sleeping.........

""Don Kanicki""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Thanks for the responces.
>
> All of our machines are used for email\web with the exception of the
> accounting pc which is not on the network.Im going to look into some kind
of
> software firewall for our network and I can only assume the other offices
> will do the same.

OK. just wanted to be sure that things wotrth protecting were being
protected. :->

> All offices are on the same floor and next to each other.
> The largest of the two is the one with the 4 pcs and the distance between
> their AP and ours is less than 50' separated by 2 standard walls (no
> concrete or block).

still - you never can tell. You need to do a walk around with a laptop just
to see what kind of signal strength you get in the necessary locations.

> Our office is all ethernet to a switch which our AP and router connect
> to.The office with 4 machines is all ethernet to a hub which their AP
> connects to.and the other office with 1 pc is a stand alone box that will
> connect via wireless nic.
>
> I wasnt thrilled about this idea from the word go but my boss sees this as
> way to cover some of the cost of the circuit as hes charging them a
monthly
> fee.

pointy hair?  dolt? hate to knock a guy whose doing his best to make a buck
and provide jobs for people........

> If I have both APs act as bridges to link the larger office will the small
> single pc office still be able to connect or would that require a separate
AP?

yep - need a wireless bridge pair for each connection. Or you can go to
Proxim ( www.proxim.com ) and look for point-to-multipoint bridges - but
they cost big time. hell... a couple hundred bucks per AP / bridge - why
bother? ask your new found friends to kick in.

Hey, Priscilla, see what I mean? Design is DEAD! Expedience is EVERYTHING!