Masaru,

      The main importance of the physical "main" interface configuration in
frame-relay is to set your encapsulation and or/LMI-Type if you use ANSI or
Q.933a, the default of CISCO is already set for you, and you do not need to
manually configure it either unless you have disabled inverse-arp. The
scenario I gave you resolves your issue with HSRP and the UP UP situation
for standby tracking. You want to generate a UP Down situation so you have a
true failover, which your current configuration cannot provide.. at least I
am not aware of another way. The advantage to sub-interfaces which include
scalability, dlci prioritization, and your little HSRP problem are just a
few the the added values of doing it.. You will always need the Physical
Interface configuration for Layer 2 capabilities, but the layer 3 can be
done on a sub-interface level where you will also specify your local dlci
information. In your setup you would want to use point-to-point links since
your not in a Hub-and-Spoke or Full-Mesh design, where you need multipoint
connections.If you use a subinterface.. and your link to R1 goes down, you
will generate an UP DOWN on R3's subinterface where if you track that
subinterface in HSRP, it will fail over to R4. Here is a URL that may help
anything I missed.. the Cisco DOC CD is a valuable source of information on
this kind of stuff.. You may also want to thoroughly read through Chapter 4
of Caslow/Pavlichenko's:Bridges, routers, and Switches for CCIE's. They
explain the different uses of Frame-relay pretty well.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/wan_c/wcdfrely.htm#31757

All the Best!
Sal