The individuals writing the book probably aren't privy to any exam content
changes that are around the corner unless they are a part of the CCIE team,
another misconception is that Cisco Press  is in close contact with
technology changes that Cisco Systems is actually working on. What many
people don't understand is that it takes a while to write and publish a book
in a cost effective manner, so if any exam content or new technology is
released during the process the changes probably won't be reflected. Nothing
is perfect, you should never rely on one source being the definitive
resource for your studies. Reading the configuration guides and command
references can prove to be quite beneficial. IMHO
Jason
""NKP""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I dont think that the book is all that bad , probably I am an
> amateur in Security .
>         The thing I still can not understand is why is it that that when a
> CCIE Practical Studies book is published by Cisco Press , some  of there
> topics become obsolete in a couple of months or the syllabus changes . A
> similar thing happened with the Karl Solie book last year for R/S , just a
> couple of months after his book was published , they had removed Token
Ring
> / IPX from the lab and now they are planning to add IDS and VPN
Concentrator
> in the lab , the details of which are not mentioned in this book .
>

> Navin Parwal
>

> ""Roberts, Larry""  wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Just looking to get others opinions on this book. I'm just now to the
OSPF