What bothers me is that Cisco's implementation of a protocol doesn't always
match the RFC. At least from my limited experience in reading the RFC's;
OSPF for example should not be able to summarize the backbone area, but in
Cisco's implementation of OSPF you can summarize area 0. I hear Cisco might
remove that from the IOS, but who knows. On the other hand if you can wade
through the RFC's your understanding of how the protocol was intended to
work, will increase dramatically. I wish I had the time to get deep into the
RFC's, but unfortunately at this point in my studies it probably isn't going
to help me in the Lab in a few weeks. As always, I appreciate any insight
from the rest of the group!

Regards, Jason

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]