""juniper""  wrote in message ...
> Can anyone recommend a good book for the BGP exam

I personally despise Halabi's "authortative, the BGP-bible" IRA
book.  It is awful.  It is the sole reason nobody understands BGP.
It's confusing, boring, and downright awful to read and understand
such simple concepts.

I passed the Cisco BGP exam (took the beta), and I did not even
open Halabi or Stewart (I do like Stewart, but for this exam, his
information is not really on-topic).

Normally, I'd say read the RFC's, but they are also not going to
help you on this exam.

I used
a) the outline provided by Cisco
b) Jeff Doyle's TCP/IP Routing Volume II (first 318 pages)

Jeff Doyle is the master of routing protocols...this misconception
that Volume II was not as good as Volume I reminds me of 14
year old pimply-faced kids arguing about Star Wars vs. Empire
or Matrix 1 vs. Matrix: Reloaded.  These are all good movies...
however, Star Wars: Episode I and II are more remniscient of
Halabi....IMO.

-dre