I dont think i agree with you. I really liked Sam Halabi's OSPF Design Guide
and his BGP Case studies. I admit they can be a bit daunting the first time
around, but then they are not meant to be Exam guides.In fact, i really like
the writing style and find myself wishing there were more docs written in
the same style. I am not against authors who explain technical subjects by
giving anologies to football games and mountain climbing and the like, bu it
really starts to bug you when you are sitting in your office, up for 2 days
in a row trying to solve a complicated problem and you have to read about
how  classes in C++ are like flour or some stupid anology refering to a
fishing trip. I myself prefer the direct and to the point approach, no
frills for me.
Another excellent resource for BGP, and well written are Avi Freedman's BGP
presentations.
Just my opinion though.

-Nakul

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]