I used a couple of Pairgain Campus HRS devices to do this a couple of years
ago. We had an occasional disruption of service...but overall it worked very
well. To order dry copper you just call your phone company and ask the about
it. A couple of years ago it was appr. $70 p/m from qwest at each location.
It was an HDSL signal that ran at roughly 2Mbps over about 1 mile. We ran it
in ethernet bridge mode...but you can also configure them to do routing,
nat, etc.
I was hoping someone would know of a less expensive solution than Pairgain.
I did find a product from Black Box that is about $700 per unit.

Do the Cisco LRE run over POTS? If so...how does this work and what kind of
bandwidth can you get?

Thanks,

Dain

http://www.panix.com/~oppedahl/lads/
""Dain Deutschman""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know if Cisco makes a product similar to the Pairgain Campus
HRS
> or Celsian G250 LAN Extenders? I want to create a dsl connection over dry
> copper between two sites. Cisco reseller helpline was mildly helpfull.
What