SDSL is not a true standard. It's a "industry standard".  If the ISP uses
CooperMountain at the DSLAM (CO), then you have to use CopperEdge
certified products.  xDSL is a mess right now because of the number of
current and upcoming "standards".

Cisco is a little behind as far as DSL.  I was AMAZED to hear the Product
Manager for Cisco DSL saying at the DSLCON 2000 conference in March to
"Watch ATM 25 for home networking on DSL".  I even asked him to repeat
what he was saying. Yeah right, with the flood of 10/100 products for
home, we'll start using ATM 25!  I still have not recovered!

To me, that said it all.  Maybe something has changed in 5 months but you
can't assume that that Cisco is the leader in all technologies.

Netopia probably has a lot more CPE equipment sold than Cisco. 3Com is
also a large SDSL vendor compatible with coppermountain.  Check the
CopperMountain.com site.

On a related note:

I'm having trouble finding a good standard-based (G.Lite, ADSL DMT) DSLAM
that has a 10/100 interface on it (as WAN link).  I think that
CopperMountain has the lead in this area.

If anyone has information in this area, I would greatly appreciate it.

Jonn Martell - Network Engineering-ITServices UBC/BCNet http://www.ubc.ca
Instructor - Internet  Technology http://www.cstudies.ubc.ca/internet/
mail: University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, V6T 1Z2