Have the above switch and did the password recovery/reset on it but it
wont take.

I went here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2900xl.html

followed the steps but the last part is kind of off I think. Where is
shows this:

13.Change the password.

        switch#config terminal
        switch(config)#enable password Cisco

 14.Write the running configuration to the configuration file.

        switch(config)#write mem

That very last line does not seem right. I wr mem there you ahve to
<ctrl>Z out of it then wr mem. At any rate after I wr mem then disable I
assume I can en and enter my new password. Not so. I went through it again
and reloaded after doing a wr mem and when the switch rebooted I tried to
en again and it would not accept my new password.

This is IOS 11.2(8) Enterprise.

Anyone have something else to try?

Thanks,
Keith