On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Bryan Osoro wrote:

>>Are you using
>>enable password <password>
>>or
>>enable secret <password>

Well color me enabled, that was it right there, and I missed the command
line error. You are right, should have been enable secret, not enable
password.

Cisco's site said to use enable password <password> so thats what I used.
Of course I should have used enable secret <password>.

Here is the last two steps that Cisco has for recovery for the 2900XL:

13.Change the password.

        switch#config terminal
        switch(config)#enable password Cisco

 14.Write the running configuration to the configuration file.

        switch(config)#write mem

It comes from this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2900xl.html

Now that Ive gone through this, the last few steps are wrong. Specially
the write mem part.

thanks,
Keith