Lorda mercy. My DSL line disappeared the day I started a week long training
class. Lost service for 8 days. Talk about withdrawal....

In any case, I thought some of you might be interested in a short review of
the Global Knowledge Advanced BGP class, a three day course with lots of
routers and lots of learning.

Overall, I found this to be a good course. The class and labs are structured
so that there are four student AS's, each with four routers. The instructor
runs two AS's. Each student AS is multi-homed. Several of the labs revolve
around using BGP attributes to influence route selection and to examine
results of various attributes as applied to the BGP announcements.

I found the class to be pretty good. The materials were understandable, but
offered more than enough detail to allow one to understand the process as
well as the commands needed to configure routers. There were a number of
labs, so there was a lot of hands on. We covered basic setup, route
reflectors, MED's aggregation, aggravation, troubleshooting ( try to get
your own IGP working with a couple of  fellow administrators who generally
did not appear particularly interested in learning anything )

So in general, I would recommend this class. I have only one real gripe, and
that is that the instructor booked his flight home for noon of the third
day. So while we did finish the lecture portion of the class, we were unable
to complete three labs. ( The instructor has to pack the routers and lock
them up for shipping before he leaves. )

Chuck

Please check out my new footers for a new age

1) Altruism
http://www.hungersite.com/
Please help feed hungry people worldwide. A few seconds a day can make a
difference to many people

2) Shameless Commerce
http://www.certificationzone.com
An excellent source for information, study materials, practice questions,
practice exams, and practice labs. Applicable for all levels of
certification, as well as the attainment of internetworking expertise. Tell
them Chuck Larrieu sent you. ( disclaimer - I will receive addition free
months membership when enough people mention my name upon joining )