In a message dated 10/12/00 6:46:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, gary wrote:
> >
> > > hi guys:
> > >    i have 2 question:
> > >      (1)is the split horizon  avaiable in OSPF ,
> >
> > yes
>
> Hi,
> If I remember correctly, split horizon is needed (and applicable) only on
> distance vector (RIP, (E)IGRP).. link state routing protocols like OSPF do
> not need it.
>
> Cheers,

Actually, EIGRP is a hybrid protocol which means it is distance vector and
link-state. Split horizon kills routing loops which can occur in either of
the 2 so it is indeed available in OSPF. I know this for a fact because there
is a command to disable it in OSPF: no split-horizon ospf, or something like
that...

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA, 1/4-NP
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

      "If you need luck, apparently you're not prepared...Go study!"

   ~Mark Zabludovsky~