Just because EIGRP has some of the advantages of a link-state protocol doesn't
mean it is, even partially, a link-state protocol.  From Doyle, p327...
"EIGRP is, as the name says, an enhancement of IGRP...  EIGRP remains a distance
vector protocol...  EIGRP is occasionally described as a distance vector
protocol that acts like a link state protocol".  Various other sections explain
how it has some advantages of a link-state protocol, but Doyle is very clear
that EIGRP is distance vector, not link state, and explains why.

With regards to the original OSPF question, I can't see how split horizon would
apply to a link-state protocol.  I can't find any reference to an OSPF
split-horizon command (but if somebody has a URL I'd be interested to see what
it says).  I'm not positive, but I don't think split-horizon would be applicable
to OSPF.

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 13/10/2000 08:52 am

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 13/10/2000 05:57:40 am

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]