In a message dated 10/12/00 2:12:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> At 07:42 AM 10/12/00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >Actually, EIGRP is a hybrid protocol which means it is distance vector and
> >link-state.
>
> EIGRP is not a link-state protocol. It's an "advanced" distance-vector
> protocol.
>
> Priscilla

I never said it was a link-state protocol. I said it was a hybrid, and that
it was link-state AND distance-vector.

:: Taken from Cisco ACRC, page 241 ::

         "Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP) is a Cisco proprietary protocol that combines
the advantages of link-state and distance-vector routing protocols. As a
hybrid protocol it includes the following features...."

Proof is in the pudding. Love your book by the way... ;)

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA, 1/4-NP
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

      "If you need luck, apparently you're not prepared...Go study!"

   ~Mark Zabludovsky~