Group,

        I have eight Cisco 3548XL switches running in one VLAN (VLAN 1).  I
needed to isolate about 25 PCs on one switch so I moved those PCs to the
same physical switch and setup a second VLAN (VLAN 2) on that switch.  I had
several PCs which needed access to both VLANs, so I moved those PCs to the
same physical switch which had both VLANs (VLAN1 + VLAN2) on it, and made
those ports multiVLAN access ports.  That worked fine for about 2 days and
then the PCs which were mulitaccessed started dropping off VLAN 1 and only
communicated with VLAN 2, which was good because it was critical they did
not lose contact with VLAN 2.  One consultant thought it was a Autosensing
problem, so I changed the properties on the ports to Full/100.  This did
nothing.  After awhile, everytime a computer that was connected to both
VLANs would reboot, it would lose connectivity to the main VLAN (VLAN1).

        Any thoughts would be great.

Wayne