Politically or realistically?  :->

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Perry Lucas
Sent:   Monday, October 30, 2000 2:00 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Wireless LANS

        Slow?  How many end-users (not servers or datacenters) really need more
than 10 megabit of bandwidth?  Unless you are an engineer or architect
pushing around 100 meg Autocad files or an IT department deploying software
packages and updates, the average desktop user, who is opening Word
Documents, surfing the Internet, and viewing email do not really need
anything more than 10 megabit for day-to-day needs.
        Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't deploy anything under a 100 mbit today, with
the exception of wireless, but do the _majority_ of end-users really need
the bandwidth that they have available to them?

Perry J. Lucas