Hi all
My file server is on 140.222.20.1/24
Clients are on these four subnets.
140.222.150.0/24
140.222.181.0/24
140.222.237.0/24
140.222.200.0/24

There is such a slow data transfer rate going from any
of these 4 subnets to the subnet where the server is.
All clients get DHCP ip addresses
As a suggestion, someone told me to supernet.
As far as I know, in order to supernet, subnet ip
addresses should be contiguous, and I think the idea
of supernetting is to include multiple subnets into
one supernetted subnet. So we can transfer data within
one subnet instead of transferring through router for
subnet-to-subnet transfer.
However, these five subnet ip addresses are not
contiguous.
How can I supernet non-contiguous subnet ip addresses?
By following Cisco book instruction on supernetting, I
got this address: 140.222.0.0/16 Is this correct?
If this was correctly supernetted, what should I do
next?
Should I go to each individual stations (about 600
stations) for new TCP/IP setup? I am sure there should
be better way to handle this.

I have only several months of network experience. I am
still newbie.
I will appreciate your help
Thanks in adv.

jw